Monday, May 17, 2010

How can I get much needed dental treatment, I have no private health cover?

Three years ago I was told I have gum disease and that I needed all my teeth removed. And new teeth replaced I want to do this but do not have cover, it would be beneficial for me so that I can at least smile again. My teeth are shocking. I lose at least a tooth a year.

How can I get much needed dental treatment, I have no private health cover?
If you are anywhere near a dental school I suggest you contact them. They have clinics that are free or nearly so that you can go to and be worked on by their students. Don't worry, you won't be experimented on by a freshman. They have to be pretty advanced in their schooling and pass tests to work in the clinic.
Reply:Ellen is completely right. Check for a school in your area and see if they have a dental program. Most of the time it is free or they base it on your income. What you can afford is what you will pay. Plus they will keep you on as a patients for years. I worked at one for many years as a dental assistant. They also sometimes have clinics that are just for people without dental insurance. Check your local phone book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net